Just wanted to let you know about “Catalogo y Sintesis de los Protocolos del Archivo Municipal de Monterrey 1599-1700” it is the first of a six book series containing an index of the contents of the archives of Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. This book was written by Israel Cavazos Garza.
Cover of book:
The archives of Monterrey contains 42 volumes dating 1599 to 1825 but this book only covers the period from 1599 to 1700. It contains synopsis to 862 documents and best of all many, many of them are about my ancestors.
I am sure that you will also find your ancestors within the pages of this book. This book is truly a genealogical treasure and provides a glimpse into the lives of our ancestors.
Where to find this book:
- You can read it at the University of Texas Pan American.
- You can also search WorldCat.org for a library near you.
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017