I received this request a couple of days ago from Anna Garza Rosamond and just hope that by posting it someone may be able to have an answer.
Hi. My name is Anna Garza Rosamond. I am trying to find my father’s family. He was born in Matamoros, Tamaulipas sometime around 1900-1905. He used the name Andrew Garza after coming to the US as a child, but I know that was not his birth surname. The truth is we just don’t know as he kept this info from all his children. My older sister once claimed his surname was Salazar and my brother recently took a Y-DNA test through Family Tree DNA and the only high level match for him was to a Flavio Salazar. So far this Mr. Salazar has not responded to any of our queries. I have pictures of my father’s parents whose names I don’t know, but I know he had two sisters, probably named Celia and Lilia. I also have photos of some of his family taken in either Matamoros or Monterrey in the late 1950s. I will be glad to forward the pictures to anyone who thinks they might be able to identify them. Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
If anyone has any answers or suggestions write them on the comment area of this page or send me an email and I will forward it to Anna.
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017