I received this request a couple of days ago from Anna Garza Rosamond and just hope that by posting it someone may be able to have an answer.
Hi. My name is Anna Garza Rosamond. I am trying to find my father’s family. He was born in Matamoros, Tamaulipas sometime around 1900-1905. He used the name Andrew Garza after coming to the US as a child, but I know that was not his birth surname. The truth is we just don’t know as he kept this info from all his children. My older sister once claimed his surname was Salazar and my brother recently took a Y-DNA test through Family Tree DNA and the only high level match for him was to a Flavio Salazar. So far this Mr. Salazar has not responded to any of our queries. I have pictures of my father’s parents whose names I don’t know, but I know he had two sisters, probably named Celia and Lilia. I also have photos of some of his family taken in either Matamoros or Monterrey in the late 1950s. I will be glad to forward the pictures to anyone who thinks they might be able to identify them. Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.
If anyone has any answers or suggestions write them on the comment area of this page or send me an email and I will forward it to Anna.
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017