If you keep up with my blog then you are already aware that my paternal grandmothers last name was Marroquin. So you can imagine the excitement that I had when I found this book, Los Marroquin de el Valle de Santiago del Guaxuco – by Lee James Nichols, at the University of Texas Pan American.
First of all, many thanks to the author for donating it to the University, Second of all, if you are a Marroquin or have Marroquin ancestors this is defenetly the book to check out.
The author lists his ancestors all the way back to the marriage of Nicolas Marroquin and Francisca Rodriguez on 1-9-1707 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
If you do not have access to UTPA and really want to get a hold of this book you can always buy it for $55.00 at Borderlands Book Store.
Copyright © Moises Garza. All rights reserved. Article may be reused for any purpose, and it is encouraged, as long as it is non-commercial use and it includes this notice. An effort has been made to use materials that provide credit to author or rights holder. If you find anything that should not be listed in this article contact me at email@example.com
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017