As I mentioned before, I had bought Family Tree Maker Deluxe but was kind of alien to me. After a couple of days it has started to grow on me. I just thought and let you all know about it. Also I would like to get any tips on using it or hear how this software has helped you guys out. I currently started my Family Tree again from scratch, with the golden rule being never add anyone without at least one citation. I started with my kids and will work all the way back until supporting documentation allows it. I have not dumped Family Tree Builder since it will be my research/leads database. Now back to talking about the software.
What I like.
The main feature that I like is that I can create my own facts and manage them and attach any type of media to them.
What I do not like.
Unfortunately, what I do not like so far is that I have to crop my images to make them portrait like to assign them to that person. I don’t know if I am explaining my self correctly or not but I expected something like Family Tree Builder where you could select several faces out of one picture. Maybe I am doing it wrong.
I hope I don’t give up on it.
If you are interested you can buy it here too.
If you have Family Tree Maker let me know how it is working for you int he comments section of this post.
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017