For those of you that already use Google Books let me know how you are using it and for those of you that have not used it or do not know what it is keep on reading.
What is Google books?
Ill put it very simple it is an online library/book store. You can browse millions of books and get a preview of them before deciding to buy the book. Also, lets not get discouraged, Google books also has thousands of free titles that after you add them to your library (Google account needed) you can read them online or on the go with your iPad or Android device by downloading and installing the required application (links on bottom of page).
How can this help me in my Genealogy Research?
Well it might or might not but it sure does not hurt to try it out. The way I use it is to search for ancestor names and see what comes up, I also like to try out town names to see where it has been mentioned before, and finally I use it to research topics and or find material that can help me better understand things.
I am currently reading, Barbarous Mexico by John Kenneth Turner. In this book he provides a first hand account of slavery and forced labor in Mexican Haciendas before the Mexican Revolution of 1910. He also describes how Mexico tried to commit Genocide with the Yaki Indians of Sonora Mexico. It is giving me a better understanding of just a few of many things that led up to Mexico’s Revolution. Get Barbarous Mexico
Hope that you all find Google Books as useful as I have.
Finally, If you get lucky you might even find books about your ancestors.
Visit Google Books Website:
Download the Software:
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017