Searches text files for strings and combination of strings. Has useful or / and / and not search combinations, and can also use regular expressions. New in version 3, is the built-in viewer / editor that highlights the matched strings and lines.
|Click for better detailed picture.|
I have been using this software for about four years, and the way that I use it is mainly to search text based databases that I have accumulated throughout the years, for example vital records, voter lists, indexes of census, and others. It displays the line of text where there is a match and it searches multiple documents at the same time.
Try it out right now they have a 30 day trial period and if it serves your needs SadMan Software Search is priced at $29.00 for a personal or corporate single-user license. I usually don’t spend money but this is the only software that I have found that gets the job done. If anyone has a free alternative that does the same job as this software let me know.
Test it Out:
Disclaimer: I am in no way or manner affiliated in any form or manner with this website, try out before you buy. Just wanted to share software that can be useful to any family historian or genealogist.
More from WeAreCousins
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1742-1752 - November 2, 2017
- 1844 Death Record of Jose Benito Tanguma in Mier Tamaulipas, Mexico - October 31, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Ten - October 26, 2017
- 1684 Marriage of Cristobal Gonzalez and Dorotea Rodriguez - October 24, 2017