I will be honest with you, I am often surprised that a lot of people don’t know about FamilySearch and the wealth of information that it provides for free. If you are one of these people and have not heard about FamilySearch you are in for a treat.
I have been doing genealogy research for well over twelve years, but in the last two years I have found more information and ancestors than on the previous ten years combined and it is all thanks to FamilySearch online digital images.
I will not describe FamilySearch nor give you a history about it since there are many places on the web where they have already done a great job. Just check wikipidia out or do a Google search.
Instead, I will tell you what collections are available to help you find your South Texas and Northeastern Mexico ancestors.
Let’s start with what collections you will find pertaining to Northeastern Mexico
Browsable Online Images
- Coahuila, Catholic Church Records, 1627-1978
- Coahuila, Civil Registration, 1861-1998
- Nuevo León, Catholic Church Records, 1667-1981
- Nuevo León, Civil Registration, 1859-1962
- Tamaulipas, Catholic Church Records, 1703-1964
- Tamaulipas, Civil Registration, 1800-2002
Now these are the collections you will find pertaining to or covering South Texas.
Browsable Online Images
- Texas, Birth Certificates, 1903-1935
- Texas, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Texas, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Texas, County Marriage Records, 1837-1977
- Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910
- Texas, Daughters of the Republic of Texas, Membership Applications, 1892-2010
- Texas, Deaths (New Index, New Images), 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1890-1976
- Texas, Deaths, 1977-1986
- Texas, Gonzalez de la Garza Genealogy Collection
- Texas, Laredo Arrival Manifests, 1903-1955
- Texas, Probate Records, 1800-1990
- Texas, Birth Index, 1903-1997
- Texas, Births and Christenings, 1840-1981
- Texas, County Marriage Index, 1837-1977
- Texas, Death Index, 1903-2000
- Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998
- Texas, Deaths and Burials, 1903-1973
- Texas, Divorce Index, 1968-2010
- Texas, Marriages, 1837-1973
- Texas, Marriages, 1966-2010
If you would like to get notified when new posts are published and receive our free monthly news letter please join our mailing list. You can do so here.
Join my mailing list to receive a copy of this eBook for free!