This is the baptism of my 7th great grandfather Diego de Hinojosa, it was recorded in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico back in December 8, 1697. Even-though it was recorded in Monterrey the baptism record indicates that he was baptized at the church located in the town of Tlascala that belongs to that Jurisdiction. It is also mentioned that he was born in November 25, 1697 to Diego Hinojosa and Josepha de la Garza with his God parents being Nicolas de Trevino and Maria de Salazar y Tobar.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of baptism Image:
En ocho de Diciembre de mil seysientos dos y nobenta y siete anos en la yglesia del Pueblo de Tlascala desta Juridiscion bautise y puse los Santos oleos a Diego espanol que nacio a veynte y sinco de Noviembre hijo legitimo de Diego inojosa y de Josepha de la Garza fueron us Padrinos Nicolas de Trebino y Maria de Salazar y Tobar a quienes adberti el parentesco espiritual que abian contrayido y obligacion de ensenar a su aijado la doctrina xphiana y pa que conste lo firme ut sup.
Por Dn. Joseph Martinez Guajardo
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1731-1741 - October 19, 2017
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017