We Are Cousins is visited daily by hundreds of people interested in finding their ancestors whom at one point lived in South Texas and Northeastern Mexico. As a contributor for us, you will inspire others to continue in their path to finding their ancestors and also provide resources that can help them in their research.
We provide book reviews, share personal research stories, promote upcoming genealogical events, and provide resources for genealogy with a focus on South Texas and Northeastern Mexico.
Our tone is friendly, upbeat, encouraging, optimistic, open minded, and professional. We are family giving friendly advise and suggestions, but we're not know-it-alls. Stories are written with a positive spin: we approach topics as fans, not critics.
Our purpose is to welcome, inspire, everyone researching their ancestors from South Texas, Northeastern Mexico, and provide resources and advise through our own experiences on how to be successful in researching ancestors form this area.
Topics We Love
Genealogy or Regional Book Reviews
Insightful personal essays on how you found an ancestor
Reviews of Resources for Genealogy Research
How to Articles about Genealogy
Stories of Personal Discovery
Voice + Tone Guidelines
1. Be honest and authentic, and let your personality come through in your writting.
2. Your story should always provide a service to your reader.
3. Keep headlines and main images clean and safe for work.
1. All submissions must be original content that you own the rights to.
2. Please fact check your story and provide sources for all your info.
3. If you include images, you must own the rights to them.
4. Images must be high-resolution and be at least 1456 pixels wide.
5. Submission of a post does not guarantee it will be published on We Are Cousins. Our team will reach out if we’d like to run your story!
Share Your Story
To submit your story, email it to email@example.com
Please submit your post only once. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 30 days.