The following map will help you along while doing your families genealogy research. It is titled “Land Grants, Farms, Villages, Villas, and Cities in the Northeast of New Spain” means in Spanish (Mercedes de Tierras, Haciendas, Pueblos, Villas y Ciudades en el Noreste Novohispano). As I have mentioned before I am currently researching Saltillo and in a book titled “Libro del Cabildo de la Villa de Santiago del Saltillo”, (Book of the Council of the Village of Santiago del Saltillo), I came across a very interesting map that I know you will enjoy. I am sharing it with you here since i know that it will help you estimate where your ancestors were from, it will not pinpoint their exact place but give you an idea.
This image shows you an estimated location of where the following areas were located:
- Valle de Boca de Leones
- Valle de Coahuila
- Valle de las Salinas
- Villa Cerralvo
- Valle de Pesqueria
- Valle de Parras
- Valle de Buena Esperanza
- Valle de Mazapil
- Valle de Pesqueria Grande
- Valle de Santa Catarina
- Villa Cadereyta
It also lists many more villas, towns, and haciendas.
Land Grants, Farms, Villages, Villas, and Cities in the Northeast of New Spain:
Click on the image above to view it at a better resolution and also be able to download it at a greater resolution.
I hope that this map comes in handy to you as it has come in handy to me.
Garza, Valentina Martinez, and Perez, Juan Manuel Zevallos. Libro del Cabildo de la Villa de Santiago del Saltillo 1578 – 1655. 2002, Pg 52
More from WeAreCousins
- The Kingdom of Nuevo Leon, The Cradle of Coahuila, Tejas and Nuevo Santander - December 7, 2017
- 1816 Baptism of Maria Tomasa Gonzalez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - December 5, 2017
- Archivo General del Estado de Coahuila Boletín Digital - November 30, 2017
- 1793 Death Record of Jose Balentin de Olivares in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 28, 2017
- Bautizos de La Catedral de Monterrey N.L. Garza y De La Garza 1753-1763 - November 23, 2017
- 1827 Marriage of Jose Manuel Lopez and Maria Cecilia de la Garza in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 21, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eleven - November 16, 2017
- El Arcabuz, Civil Registry Death Records 1925 to 2000 - November 14, 2017
- Bustamante, Nuevo Leon Marriage Records and Family Information 1708 – 1832 - November 9, 2017
- 1811 Baptism of Maria Elena de la Peña in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - November 7, 2017