If you keep up with my blog then you are already aware that my paternal grandmothers last name was Marroquin. So you can imagine the excitement that I had when I found this book, Los Marroquin de el Valle de Santiago del Guaxuco – by Lee James Nichols, at the University of Texas Pan American.
First of all, many thanks to the author for donating it to the University, Second of all, if you are a Marroquin or have Marroquin ancestors this is defenetly the book to check out.
The author lists his ancestors all the way back to the marriage of Nicolas Marroquin and Francisca Rodriguez on 1-9-1707 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
If you do not have access to UTPA and really want to get a hold of this book you can always buy it for $55.00 at Borderlands Book Store.
Copyright © Moises Garza. All rights reserved. Article may be reused for any purpose, and it is encouraged, as long as it is non-commercial use and it includes this notice. An effort has been made to use materials that provide credit to author or rights holder. If you find anything that should not be listed in this article contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017