This message is going out to everyone in my genealogy address book. You need not respond unless you want to be removed from my list.
I found a Web site that states that Jews believe that the third day of the week (Tuesday) is considered an especially auspicious day for a wedding. Below find a weekday accounting of all 4,657 Catholic Church marriages that occurred in General Teran, Nuevo Leon Mexico during the period from 1809 to 1911. I noticed that Tuesday is the least popular weekday for a marriage, far less than Friday which is, in the Catholic Church, a day of abstinence. Could this weekday marriage distribution, in some way, have anything to do with Crypto-Judaism?
General Teran Marriges (1809-1911)
Number of Marriages Day of Week
A complete list of who married whom on what weekday can be found at the Los Bexarenos web site or use the following link:
Where else can you find this kind of analysis?
As you can tell it is very interesting and got me thinking. Growing up my family always had a saying that went “En Martes No Te Cases Ni Te Embarques” meaning that on Tuesday don’t get married nor go on trips since it is bad luck. I thought is was something unique to our family but also growing up I realized that it was a very popular saying throughout this region. It could be that the origins of this saying is Jewish.
Copyright © Moises Garza. All rights reserved. Article may be reused for any purpose, and it is encouraged, as long as it is non-commercial use and it includes this notice. An effort has been made to use materials that provide credit to author or rights holder. If you find anything that should not be listed in this article contact me at email@example.com
- Presenting at the Clayton Library in Houston Texas - October 17, 2017
- Tlaxcaltecan mtDNA of Polonia Petrona, A 10 Generation Report - October 5, 2017
- The 38th Annual Conference Was Awesome! - October 3, 2017
- Padrones de Reynosa - September 26, 2017
- Censo de Reynosa 1890 - September 19, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Nine - September 14, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Eight - September 7, 2017
- 1696 Death Record of Leonor de Ayala in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, mexico - September 5, 2017
- Families of Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Volume Seven - August 31, 2017
- 1778 Baptism of Maria Juana de Dios Lopez in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico - August 29, 2017