The following image is the record of the 1702 marriage of my 7th great grandparents Cristobal Guerra Canamar and Nicolasa de Trevino in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. They married in February 26, 1702. The following document unfortunately does not mention their parents names but through other documents we have come to find out that Cristobal’s Parents are Ignacio Guerra Canamar and Catalina Fernandez de Tijerina. The parents of Nicolasa are Francisco Baez de Trevino and Catalina de Amaya.
Also this document also lists another of my ancestors as a witness to the marriage. My 9th great grandfather Nicolas Lopez Prieto. Finally it also mentions that a church dispensation was done due to them being related by four degrees of consanguinity. Now I have to try and find this marriage dispensation since it will offer more valuable information and clues.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image at FamilySearch.org
Transcription of Above Image:
Christoval Guerra y Nicolasa de Trevino. Espan
En veinte y seis de Febro. de mil setess. y dos a. en la Parrochial de esta Ciudad despose y vele y in facie Ecleccie a Christoval Guerra con Nicolasa de Trevino, aviendo precedido las vanas en diez y nueve veinte y quatro y veinte y seis de este mez y an. Dispenso su Y[?]ma. en quatro grado en igualdad de sonsanguinidad. Fueron testigos el Cppn. Nicolas Lopez Prieto el Cappn. Pedr. Bapta. Saldua. y el Sargto Mor. Po. Guaxdo Para que conste lo firme.
Geronimo Lopez Prieto
Children of Capitan Cristobal Guerra and Nicolasa Trevino were as follows:
The following list comes from the hard work of Crispin Rendon.
- Ignacio Javier GUERRA CANAMAR. He married on 2 May 1736 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Angela Josefa GARZA, born 1720, daughter of Blas GARZA and Maria Magdalena GARCIA.
- Maria Gertrudis GUERRA. She married on 7 Oct 1720 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Cristobal GARZA, son of Capitan Gabriel GARZA and Clara GARZA.
- Micaela GUERRA. She married on 11 Aug 1748 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ignacio FERNANDEZ VALLEJO, born in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of General Antonio FERNANDEZ VALLEJO and Maria GARCIA SOSA GUERRA.
- Ana GUERRA.
- Tomasa Rosalia GUERRA, christened 5 Jan 1710 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 25 Nov 1753 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Jose Jesus RODRIGUEZ, son of Joseph Antonio RODRIGUEZ and Maria Ines GARZA.
- Antonia Catalina GUERRA, christened 12 Apr 1711 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) on 1 Feb 1733 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Capitan Lucas Regalado GONZALEZ HIDALGO, christened 25 Jun 1684 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 5 Apr 1749, son of Capitan/Alcalde Lucas GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Micaela GARCIA DAVILA; (2) on 23 May 1752 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Juan Antonio DAVILA, christened 28 Feb 1711 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Francisco Antonio DAVILA and Nicolasa GONZALEZ HIDALGO.
- Francisca Javiera GUERRA, christened 25 Jun 1712 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) Jose Salvador GARZA, born 1695 in Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Salvador GARZA and Juana GUTIERREZ CASTRO; (2) on 16 Jul 1741 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Carlos BAEZ BENAVIDES.
- Joseph Bernardo GUERRA. He married on 15 Jan 1741 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ana Maria GARCIA, christened 17 Jul 1718 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Nicolas GARCIA and Maria Teresa SALDUA.
- Jose Ramon GUERRA (my 6th Great grandfather), born 21 Apr 1715 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 23 Jun 1798 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; buried in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 3 Feb 1752 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Rosalia HINOJOSA, died 14 Jun 1773 in Mier, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Jose Manuel HINOJOSA and Maria Ines CHAPA.
- Maria Rita GUERRA, born about 1716 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married on 19 Sep 1734 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Joseph Aparicio GONZALEZ HIDALGO, christened 20 Aug 1694 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan/Alcalde Lucas GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Micaela GARCIA DAVILA.
- Maria Josefa GUERRA, christened 27 Jul 1717 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Jose Felix GUERRA.
- Pedro Baltazar GUERRA, born about 1720 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 22 Jul 1754 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Maria Jesus GARZA, christened 2 Jun 1733 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Blas GARZA and Maria Magdalena GARCIA.
- Pedro Ignacio GUERRA. He married on 6 Aug 1752 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Ana Maria RODRIGUEZ, daughter of Joseph Antonio RODRIGUEZ and Maria Ines GARZA.
- Rendon, Crispin D. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” February 9, 2014 Pg. 95 and 96
Podcast: Play in new window
In this episode Moises talks about the Municipal Archives of Saltillo, their catalogs, and how to request a document from them. He also talks about the book Origen de los Appellidos Garza Y Trevino en Nuevo Leon and backup service Dropbox.
Are you Garza or Trevino? Do you have ancestors with this last name? If you do you are in luck. Tomas Madirichaga Cueva has written an excellent book “Origen de los Apellidos Garza y Trevino en Nuevo Leon” (Origin of the last names Garza and Trevino form Nuevo Leon). This book starts with Marcos Alonso de la Garza (my 10th great grandfather) and documents about four generations of his descendants. The author tells that many of his sons took the last name of Garza and also many took the last name of Trevino from his wife Juana de Trevino de Quintanilla.
As you may be aware these two last names are very predominant in South Texas and Northeastern Mexico. What is so great about this book is that the author only cites first hand sources and is very well documented. So far I have yet to find an error. In my opinion this is an excellent book for your genealogical research. Continue reading
The following is an excellent book about Blas Maria de la Garza Falcon whom was the son of General Blas de la Garza Falcon (1673-1736), governor of the province of Coahuila from 1723 to 1729 and 1733 to 1735, and Dona Beatriz de Villarreal. He was born in or near Monterrey, Nuevo Leon in 1712. He married Dona Catarina Gomez de Castro whom was the daughter of Don Antonio Gomez de Castro and Dona Nicolasa Baez de Trevino, on January 1, 1731 at the mining town of Boca de Leones, present day Villaldamas, Nuevo Leon , Mexico. Continue reading
This is the 1690 Marriage record for my 9th great grandparents Diego Gonzalez Ochoa and Maria Anastacia de Trevino Ayala. They got married in what is present day Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Through other sources we have come to know that the parents of Diego where Diego Gonzalez de Esquivel and Maria Petra Ochoa de Ruelas and Anastacias parents to be Alonso de Trevino and Catalina de Ayala. Continue reading
The following is the 1694 death record of my 11th great grandfather Joseph de Ayala. He was buried in El Convento de San Francisco. This document indicates that his son Nicolas de Ayala was his executor. Through other sources we have found out that his wife was Ana de Benavides and that he was the son of Joseph de Tremino and Leonor de Ayala. He obviously got his last name from his mother. If you are a descendant of them let me know in the comments.
Cut out of original Image:
Transcription of Above Image:
Joseph de Ayala Espanol
En diez de Abril de mil seiscientos y nobenta y quatro Anos murio Joseph de Ayala se mando enterrar en El convento de San Franco. hizo testamto. anto D. Diego de Miranda Llanos ecrivano Rl fue su albacea Nicolas de Ayala su hijo mando dean dos nobenarios de missas cantadas el uno en la Parrochia y el otro en en campto. de San Franco. con missa y Vigilia cantada de cuerpo presente = Dexo a la casa Santa de Jerusalem quatro pesos y alas de mas mandas, por, cosas a quatro Rs. para que conste lo firme et supra -
Br Lorenzo Perez de Leon
The following is the image and transcription of the 1719 death of my 8th great grandmother Anna Maria de Trevino. She was the wife of Diego Gonzalez and her parents were Melchor de Trevino Diaz and Antonia de la Garza de Renteria. She died just three years after she had married Diego Gonzalez. Unfortunately this document does not indicate what she died from.
Cut out of original image:
Transcription of above image:
Maria de Trevino
En treinta de Julio demil Setecinetos, y dies, y nueve anos enla Parroquial de esta Ciudad enterre a Maria de Trevino, qe. recivio todos los Sacramentos muger qe fue de Diego Gonzalez, sele canto misa de Cuerpo presente no hizo testamto. porno tener de que, y para que Conste Lo firme. =
Other Related Posts:
Diego Gonzalez de Trevino and Ana Maria de Trevino Marriage de la Garza, 1716 Marriage in Sagrario Metropolitano, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
The following is the death record of my 7th great grandmother Maria Nicolasa Baes de Trevino. She was the wife of Cristobal Guerra Canamar. Unfortunately this document does not indicate whom her parents were but luckily to other documents we know that her parents were Francisco Baes de Trevino and Catalina de Amaya. I have yet to find whom her grandparents were. This document does indicate that she gave power to her son Ygnacio Guerra to make a will on her behalf, I have yet to find that will. If any one has copies of documents about them please let me know. Here you can see the Original image.
Transcript of above image:
Da Maria Nicolasa Baes Trevino espanola Cruz Alta
En Nueve digo en dies de Abril demil Settecientos y Secenta anos Se ledio Sepultura ecleciastica en tercero Cuerpo – con cruz alta Misa y Vigilia y tresposar a Dona Maria Nicolasa Beas Trevino espanola Vesina desta Ciudad y mujer que fue de dn. Xptoval Guerra, Se confeso y Recivio los Santos Sacramentos y othorgo Poder para testar a su hijo dn. Ygnacio Guerra Su principal Albacea, qn. aplico alvs amndar forsosa i xx. acada una: Y el Poder Passo por Ante el Escribano ppco. que. fue desta Ciudad Dn. Juan Roel y para que conste lo firme =
This Post’s URL: http://www.wearecousins.info/2013/02/nicolasa-baes-de-trevino-1760-church-death-record-monterrey-nuevo-leon-mexico
The following is the transcript for the 1695 Death Record for my 9th great grandfather Juan Bautista Chapa. He was buried in the Cathedral of Monterrey. He was also the husband of Beatrice Trevino de Olivares. If you would like to read a short Biography about him please check the following article by Dr. Lino Garcia, Jr. Juan Bautista Chapa, A Notable Explorer published in the Rio Grande Guardian on January 27, 2013. It was through this great article that I was able to find this document.
Transcript of image:
Ju. Bapta. Chapa Espanol. –
En Veinte de Abril de mil seicientos y nobenta y cinco as. murio Juan Baptista Chapa aviendo Recivido Los Santos Sacramtos. Y se enterro enta Parrochial deta Ciud. con Vigilia y misa de Cuerpo Preste. y para que constelo firme – ut Supra
Br Lorenso Perez de Leon
This Post’s URL: http://www.wearecousins.info/2013/02/juan-bautista-chapa-1695-church-death-record-monterrey-nuevo-leon-mexico
The following is transcript to the 1707 Marriage record for my 7th great grandparents Miguel Martinez and Clara Trevino, they married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. This document does not indicate whom their parents are but from other sources I have come to know that the parents of Miguel were Joseph Ygnasio Martinez and Ynes de La Garza. Clara’s parents were Nicolas de Trevino and Maria Garcia de Sepulveda. The document bellow does indicate that they had a marriage dispensation since they were related by third and fourth degrees of consanguinity.
Transcript of marriage image:
Miguel Martinez Con dona Clara Trevino Espanoles
En 23 de Noviembre de mil Setecientos y Siete anos Case y vele a Miguel Martinez Con Dna. Clara de Trevino Espanoles, aviendo procedido Las Banas a 30 de Octubre a 1 de Ne. y a 6 envirtud de dispensa que dispenso el Y TTmo Senor Obispo deeste Obpado de tercero Con quarto grado de Consanguinidad: fueron testigos Migl. Cantu Antto, Baldes y Joseph Galvan y para que Conste Lo firme