The following image was shared by Juan Jesus de Leon. It is a photograph of his grandparents Hilario De Leon Duron and Maria Isabel Garcia Gonzalez. Juan stated that both of his grandparents are from Hacienda San Bartolo Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Hilario is a direct descendant of Captain Alonso de Leon.
As a matter of fact El Capitan Alonso De Leon is Juan’s 9th great grandfather straight line through his father’s side and Alonso “El Mozo” the son of his is his 8th great grandfather.
Hilario De Leon Duron and Maria Isabel Garcia Gonzalez:
Hilario was born in 1912 and Maria Isabel in 1918. Juan stated that during the time this photo was taken that his grandfather was both in the military and was also Mariachi. As you can see form the photo he is dressed as a charro.
Juan, thank you for sharing this photo with me and all the readers of this blog. I really appreciate it.
If you would also like to share the photos of your grandparents and or great grandparents with us just send them to me on an email or facebook message and include a short description about the photo or something you remember about them. You will also be entered for a chance to win the book “246 Testamentos de Monterrey“.
If you are a descendant of Alonso de Leon then you are in for a treat. Guillermo Garmendia Leal made a study that he named “Los Descendientes de Alonso de Leon” which is actually a complete study about the Founders of Cadereyta.
In the first chapter he shows his ten daughters and sons as well as their ancestors and in the second chapter he writes about the descendants up to the 6th generation reaching up to the 1760’s. He mentions that he stopped at that year since after that the baptism records are available in Monterrey. Now days they are available at FamilySearch.org.
He also mentions that no books are available before that time and that between 1750 and 1760 the great exodus of Cadereyta begins to populate Tamaulipas and Texas. He does mention that some lines do reach up to 15 generations but that they are his wife’s own personal family lines up to 1992. Continue reading
The following is the 1635 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Alonzo de Leon and Josefa Gonzalez. They were married in Huichapan, Hidalgo, Mexico. Alonzo was the son of Lorenzo Perez and Adriana de Leon. Josefa’s parents were Antonio Leal and Maria Gonzalez. I am descendant of two of their children Alonso de Leon whom married Agustina Cantu and Antonio Leal de Leon whom married Juana Josefa Gonzalez Hidalgo. Towards the bottom of the post you will also find a listing of Alonso and Josefa’s children. Also if you are one of their descendants and would like for me to add you to my family tree just send me your family tree linking to them.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image
Transcription of above image:
Alo de Leon y Josepa Goncalez
Se belaron en el Veinte y tres de Septembre del ano M seiscientos y treinta y cinco Leydas las Banas. y por verdad. Lo firme Dicho dia mes y ano.
Juan de Velesar
Children of Capitan Alonso LEON and Josefa GONZALEZ were as follows:
- Juan PEREZ LEON, died bef 1701. He married unknown.
- Capitan Lorenzo PEREZ LEON, born 1638 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria CANTU, born 1642, daughter of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- General Alonso LEON, born 1639 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 21 Mar 1691 in Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married in Nuevo Leon, Mexico Agustina CANTU, born in Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Josefa GONZALEZ LEON, born in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 22 Feb 1726 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married about 1655 in San Nicolas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Joseph GARZA FALCON, born 1616 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1671, son of Capitan Pedro GARZA and Ines RODRIGUEZ.
- Juana LEON, born about 1644 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married Capitan Juan CANTU, born 1640; died 12 Dec 1681 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Capitan Antonio LEAL LEON, born 1645 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married (1) about 1670 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Juana Josefa GONZALEZ HIDALGO, born 1649; died 10 Feb 1689 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Alcalde Ordinario Bernabe GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Leonor GUTIERREZ GARCIA; (2) Margarita RENTERIA, born 1665 in Valle de las Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Sargento Mayor Diego VILLARREAL and Ines RENTERIA; (3) Juana TREVINO MAYA, daughter of Alferez Real Juan TREVINO and Ana MAYA.
- Francisca LEON, born about 1647 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) Sargento Mayor Nicolas CORTEZ MEDINA; (2) Antonio CANTU.
- Mateo LEON, born about 1649 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Maria LEON, born about 1651 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married Sargento Mayor Carlos CANTU, born 1651, son of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Capitan Miguel LEON. He married Francisca AYALA, born 1657, daughter of Capitan Joseph AYALA and Ana BENAVIDES.
- FamilySearch.org, Huichapan, San Mateo Apóstol, Matrimonios de españoles 1622-1703, 1743-1769, Pg 16
- Rendon, Crispin D., Ancestors of Moises Garza, February 9, 2014. Pg. 228 and 229