The following is a listing of resources that use on a daily basis. People ask me all the time as to what resources I use and I hope this page helps answer that question. I know that there are many other choices out there but these are the ones I use and are familiar with and thus able to recommend them to you.
- Books – This page contains only books that I have used personally to locate my ancestors. I know that they can also help you trace your ancestors from South Texas and Northeastern Mexico. My ancestors appear on a good 90 percent of these books.
- Mexican Genealogy Research Online: A Guide to Help You Discover Your Ancestry – If you are new to genealogy I highly recommend that you purchase my eBook since it will help you build a strong foundation when it comes to learning how to do Mexican Genealogical Research form the comfort of your own home.
- WorldCAt – one huge connected library catalog. It helps me find books in a library near me.
- WordPress: The number one Blog Publishing Platform. Free and easily customizable with awesome support. All of my blogs use WordPress, specially this one.
DNA TESTING FOR GENEALOGY
- Ancestry.com DNA testing – So far I have had a great experience with AncestryDNA. I highly recommend it to everyone. I have also already meet allot of new distant cousins through it. You will be surprised at your results. Free Shipping on Ancestry DNA Kit w Code: FREESHIPDNA
- Ancestry.com – Even though Ancestry is not that great to do research on Mexican ancestors it is great to finding clues that can help you trace your ancestry to Mexico. Memberships start at about $19.00 per month. Click here to try a 14 day free membership at Ancestry.com
- FamilySearch – It is excellent to do Mexican Genealogy research and if I had to chose only one website to do Genealogy research this will be it. It is free.
- MailChimp – The internet’s most powerful email opt-in service and email marketing and broadcasting tool. This is what I use to build my email list and newsletter. It is great for Genealogical Societies to email their members and also if you have your own blog.
- FamilyTree Maker – This is what I use and I recommend to everyone. It is very easy to use and lets you add citations very easily. It backups and syncs my family tree to the web. It is well worth the price since you also get constant free updates.
- Bluehost: 100% of my websites are hosted on Bluehost since it has an easy to use, 1-click automatic WordPress installation and excellent customer service. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND using Bluehost for your family and or genealogy blog
- Ancestry’s Free Mobile App – Since I use FamilyTree Maker and it backups and uploads my tree to ancestry I use Ancestry’s free Mobile App on my android devises. It is also available for IOS devises.
NEW TO GENEALOGY
- Mexican Genealogy – When I get questions as to how to get started I always refer people to this website that I created specifically for anyone interested in Mexican Genealogy. Sign up for the newsletter to get started.