The following is the 1673 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Diego Gutierrez de Castro and Gertrudis Flores de la Garza. The were married on July 30, 1673 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. I have not been able to find a document that indicates whom his parents were but on the other hand the parents of Gertrudis are Pedro Flores de Abrego and Margarita de la Garza. I am a descendant of theirs through their daughter Margarita Gutierrez whom married Jospeh Martinez Guajardo. Continue reading
This is the 1699 marriage of my 9th great grandparents Pedro Garcia de Sosa and Nicolasa De La Garza Falcon in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The parents of Antonio are Pedro Garcia de Sosa and Elena de la Garza Guerra. The parents of Nicolasa are Blas de la Garza and Margarita Lopez Prieto. I am a descendant of their through their daughter Maria Gertrudis Garcia Guerra. Continue reading
The following is the 1635 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Alonzo de Leon and Josefa Gonzalez. They were married in Huichapan, Hidalgo, Mexico. Alonzo was the son of Lorenzo Perez and Adriana de Leon. Josefa’s parents were Antonio Leal and Maria Gonzalez. I am descendant of two of their children Alonso de Leon whom married Agustina Cantu and Antonio Leal de Leon whom married Juana Josefa Gonzalez Hidalgo. Towards the bottom of the post you will also find a listing of Alonso and Josefa’s children. Also if you are one of their descendants and would like for me to add you to my family tree just send me your family tree linking to them.
Cut out of Original Image:
Transcription of above image:
Alo de Leon y Josepa Goncalez
Se belaron en el Veinte y tres de Septembre del ano M seiscientos y treinta y cinco Leydas las Banas. y por verdad. Lo firme Dicho dia mes y ano.
Juan de Velesar
Children of Capitan Alonso LEON and Josefa GONZALEZ were as follows:
- Juan PEREZ LEON, died bef 1701. He married unknown.
- Capitan Lorenzo PEREZ LEON, born 1638 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria CANTU, born 1642, daughter of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- General Alonso LEON, born 1639 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 21 Mar 1691 in Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married in Nuevo Leon, Mexico Agustina CANTU, born in Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Josefa GONZALEZ LEON, born in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 22 Feb 1726 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married about 1655 in San Nicolas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Joseph GARZA FALCON, born 1616 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 1671, son of Capitan Pedro GARZA and Ines RODRIGUEZ.
- Juana LEON, born about 1644 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married Capitan Juan CANTU, born 1640; died 12 Dec 1681 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Capitan Antonio LEAL LEON, born 1645 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married (1) about 1670 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Juana Josefa GONZALEZ HIDALGO, born 1649; died 10 Feb 1689 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Alcalde Ordinario Bernabe GONZALEZ HIDALGO and Leonor GUTIERREZ GARCIA; (2) Margarita RENTERIA, born 1665 in Valle de las Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Sargento Mayor Diego VILLARREAL and Ines RENTERIA; (3) Juana TREVINO MAYA, daughter of Alferez Real Juan TREVINO and Ana MAYA.
- Francisca LEON, born about 1647 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married (1) Sargento Mayor Nicolas CORTEZ MEDINA; (2) Antonio CANTU.
- Mateo LEON, born about 1649 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- Maria LEON, born about 1651 in Cadereyta Jimenez, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. She married Sargento Mayor Carlos CANTU, born 1651, son of Capitan Joseph CANTU and Maria TREVINO.
- Capitan Miguel LEON. He married Francisca AYALA, born 1657, daughter of Capitan Joseph AYALA and Ana BENAVIDES.
- FamilySearch.org, Huichapan, San Mateo Apóstol, Matrimonios de españoles 1622-1703, 1743-1769, Pg 16
- Rendon, Crispin D., Ancestors of Moises Garza, February 9, 2014. Pg. 228 and 229
The following is the 1672 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Capitan Nicolas Gutierrez de Lara and Clara Trevino de Renteria. Nicolas is the son of Melchor Gutierrez and Isabel Lara. I have yet to find out whom the parents of Isabel are. The parents of Clara are Alonzo de Trevino and Mayor de Renteria. I am one of their descendants through their daughter Isabel Gutierrez de Lara. You can find more information about her and her siblings towards the bottom of this page.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image
Transcription of Above Image:
Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renta espanoles
En catorce de Noviembre de mil y seicientos y setenta y dos anos despuse y vele en la hacienda de la Pesqueria en Capilla aprovada a Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renteria haciendo procedido los bannos en primero siete y catorce de dicho mez. Fueron testigos D. Lazaro Fernandez de Castro, Joseph de la Cruz y Don Diego de Sepulveda, y lo firme -
Francisco de la Cruz
Children of Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA and Clara TREVINO RENTERIA were as follows:
- Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 13 Jun 1673 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 10 Mar 1750 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 18 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Antonia VILLARREAL, born in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 30 May 1754 in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Antonio GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 31 Mar 1676 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Jan 1734. He married on 19 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Clara VILLARREAL, christened 15 Dec 1674 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 27 Feb 1745 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Clara Maria GUTIERREZ LARA. She married on 28 Dec 1700 Juan BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1680 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Francisco BAEZ BENAVIDES and Juana VELA.
- Melchor GUTIERREZ. He married Ana BENAVIDES, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
- Isabel GUTIERREZ LARA. She married Antonio GARCIA SEPULVEDA, son of Sargento Mayor Jacinto GARCIA SEPULVEDA and Clara FERNANDEZ RENTERIA.
- Cristobal GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 10 Dec 1687 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria Isabel BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1683; died 26 Jun 1773 in Revilla, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
- FamilySearch.org Monterrey, Catedral, Matrimonios, Pg. 13 1672
- Rendon, Crispin. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” Pg. 258
Marriages of Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico: 1689-1822 During the Spanish Colonial Era is an excellent book for anyone researching their ancestry in Monclova, Coahuila, Mexico. I had come across this book about a year ago and honestly I have no idea why I had not shared it with you. This book is available free of charge at familysearch.org you can find the link towards the bottom of this post. This book was transcribed and translated by Mickey Garcia.
For those of you interested Mickey Garcia states on the preface the source for the book and it is as follows:
The marriage records in this book come from Microfilm Reel Number 0605139 of the Church of Latter DaySaints (LDS). In transcribing these records, I worked from microfilm prints of the file. It bears the title “Archivo de la Parroquia de Santiago Apostol en Monclova, Estado de Coahuila. Volume 1, Alios 1690-1782.” The military marriages are in Voume 2, “Aflos 1777-1822.” Continue reading
The image below is the 1631 marriage of my 11th great grandparents Captain Bartolome Gonzalez and Isabel Gomez Dominguez, also known as Isabel Gomez Esquivel. Diego Renteria posted it at WeAreCousins Facebook Page on 7-5-13. Continue reading
The following is the 1695 marriage of my 7th great grandparents Nicolas de Ayala and Antonia de la Garza Montemayor. They got married in Monterrey Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The following document indicates that the parents of Nicolas where Joseph de Ayala and Ana de Benavides and at the time of the marriage both were deceased by then. Continue reading
The following is the 1732 marriage record for my wife’s 6th great grandparents Joseph Manuel Ayala and Josepha Antonia Cantu. They married in Monterrey Nuevo, Leon Mexico. The following document indicates that Manuel’s parents were Nicolas de Ayala and Antonia de la Garza. Josepha’s parents are listed as Joseph Cantu and Gertrudis de la Garza. The document also indicates that they had received a dispensation for being related in the 3rd degree. I have yet to search for their marriage dispensation. Continue reading
This is the 1690 Marriage record for my 9th great grandparents Diego Gonzalez Ochoa and Maria Anastacia de Trevino Ayala. They got married in what is present day Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Through other sources we have come to know that the parents of Diego where Diego Gonzalez de Esquivel and Maria Petra Ochoa de Ruelas and Anastacias parents to be Alonso de Trevino and Catalina de Ayala. Continue reading
The following is the October 17, 1734 marriage of my 6th great grandparents Nicolas Marroquin and Maria Josepha de Alanis, they got married in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. The following documented indicates that Nicolas was the son of Nicolas Marroquin and Francisca Montemayor. It also indicates that the parents of Josepha are Lorenzo de Alanis and Fabiana Rodriguez. At the time fo the marriage Nicoals Sr. and both parents of the bride were deceased. The parents or the groom are listed as being from El Valled del Guaxuco present day Allende and Santiago Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
Cut out of Original Image:
Transcript of above image:
Nicolas Marroquin Maria Josepha de Alanis
En dies y siete de este mes y ano Case y vele a Nicolas Marroquin hijo lexmo. de Nicolas Marroquin difunto y de Franca. de Montemaior Espanoles y Vecinos del Valle del Guaxuco y a Maria Josepha de Alanis Hija Lexma de Lorenzo de Alanis y de Fabiana Rodriguez difuntos. F. T. Joseph Anto. Rodriguez y Pedro Manzon premisies Equisitiny yo lo firme.
fr. Juan Baez Trevino Cura