On this day I wanted to take some time to thank all of our veterans and the sacrifice that they have done for our country. I have heard stories from veterans that have served our country and I know for a fact that those stories have helped me shape my view points for the better. To understand that liberty and freedom is worth fighting for no matter the cost.
I know that almost everyone has or knows a family member that is a veteran. Please take the time today to thank them for their service.
I specially wanted to take the time to thank our Hispanic/Mexican American veterans of World War II, of whom not many are left, for paving the way for us. It is due to these men that U.S. Citizens of Mexican Ancestry can now enjoy the status of first class citizens.To learn more please watch PBS’s Latino Americans Episode 3 titled “War and Peace” I have included this video just bellow. Also if you have roots in the Rio Grande Valley or live in the RGV I highly recommend that you watch the video. Continue reading
On this last day of 2012 I just want to wish you and your families a very Happy New Year and also share a recap of 2012 and my goals for this blog in this coming year of 2013.
This blog started as a personal blog and a place to document my own family genealogy and history but with time it has turned out to be a valuable resource to many. I just hope it continues to grow and help as it has been doing so.
Recap of 2012
- Had over 80 new Facebook likes.
- 393 New Twitter Followers
- Had over 10,000 unique visitors
- Received over 50 emails form distant cousins.
- Wrote over 365 posts.
- Moved to WordPress.
- 6 Guest Posts
Goals for 2013
- Reach 300 Facebook Likes, currently at 121. If you like a post please re-share with your friends.
- Reach 1000 Followers on twitter, currently at 485.
- 365 Posts on my family ancestry and resources.
- Get 20,000 unique visitors, if you can spread the word.
- Connect with more distant cousins.
- Master WordPress, I am almost there.
- Write the Newsletter at least once a Month, I know that I was terrible this year, only went out twice or thrice.
- 10 or more guest posts, you are always welcomed to make a guest post.
I just hope that 2013 will be more productive since I know this blog has helped many and continues to help people connect with their ancestors. I have been very fortunate for the wealth of records available at FamilySearch.org. I just hope they continue to be available. Once again thanks for reading and see you in 2013, have a very Happy New Years!!! Can’t wait for the menudo tonight.
In this festive day I want to wish everyone a very happy Christmas. Here’s a picture I took with the Clauses. Don’t forget to thank our Creator (AKA GOD) for our loved ones. Make me a favor hug them and let them know how much you love them!
Left to right; Moises Garza, Santa (Rick Rodrigues), Mrs. Clause (Aurora Moreno). Photo taken during toy give away at the Hidalgo County C.S.C.D.