Have you traced your family back to Nuevo Leon. If so this book may be of interest to you. This book “Apellidos de Nuevo Leon” was originally written by Tomas Mendirichaga Cueva and transcribed into “Last Names of Nuevo Leon” by Edna Garza Brown back in 1989.
The last names that the author goes into detail are:
- Botello and Buentello – This family tree starts with Capitan Don Juan Buentello Guerrero
- Cavazos – This family tree starts with Capitan Juan Cavazos
- Guerra – This one starts with Ignacio Guerra Canamar
- Hinojosa – Tree starts with Diego de Hinojosa
- Larralde – Starts with General Francisco de Larralde
- Mier – This tree starts with Francisco de Mier Noriega
- Sepulveda – Tree starts with Don Jacinto and Don Bernardo de Sepulveda
- Zambrano – Tree starts with Nicolas Zambrano
With the exception of Mier, Zambrano and Larralde all of the above mentioned last names are in my family tree.
Cover of Book:
The author provides sound documentation as to when and where the last name first appeared in any type of documents.
Where to get a hold of this book:
If you would like to get notified when new posts are published and receive our free monthly news letter please join our mailing list. You can do so here.
Join my mailing list to receive a copy of this eBook for free!