The following is the 1672 marriage of my 10th great grandparents Capitan Nicolas Gutierrez de Lara and Clara Trevino de Renteria. Nicolas is the son of Melchor Gutierrez and Isabel Lara. I have yet to find out whom the parents of Isabel are. The parents of Clara are Alonzo de Trevino and Mayor de Renteria. I am one of their descendants through their daughter Isabel Gutierrez de Lara. You can find more information about her and her siblings towards the bottom of this page.
Cut out of Original Image:
View Original Image
Transcription of Above Image:
Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renta espanoles
En catorce de Noviembre de mil y seicientos y setenta y dos anos despuse y vele en la hacienda de la Pesqueria en Capilla aprovada a Nicolas Gutierrez y Dona Clara de Renteria haciendo procedido los bannos en primero siete y catorce de dicho mez. Fueron testigos D. Lazaro Fernandez de Castro, Joseph de la Cruz y Don Diego de Sepulveda, y lo firme -
Francisco de la Cruz
Children of Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA and Clara TREVINO RENTERIA were as follows:
- Capitan Nicolas GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 13 Jun 1673 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 10 Mar 1750 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married on 18 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Antonia VILLARREAL, born in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico; died 30 May 1754 in Salinas, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Antonio GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 31 Mar 1676 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, died 10 Jan 1734. He married on 19 Oct 1695 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Clara VILLARREAL, christened 15 Dec 1674 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, buried 27 Feb 1745 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, daughter of Capitan Bernabe VILLARREAL and Isabel GARZA.
- Clara Maria GUTIERREZ LARA. She married on 28 Dec 1700 Juan BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1680 in Cerralvo, Nuevo Leon, Mexico, son of Francisco BAEZ BENAVIDES and Juana VELA.
- Melchor GUTIERREZ. He married Ana BENAVIDES, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
- Isabel GUTIERREZ LARA. She married Antonio GARCIA SEPULVEDA, son of Sargento Mayor Jacinto GARCIA SEPULVEDA and Clara FERNANDEZ RENTERIA.
- Cristobal GUTIERREZ LARA, christened 10 Dec 1687 in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico. He married Maria Isabel BAEZ BENAVIDES, born 1683; died 26 Jun 1773 in Revilla, Tamaulipas, Mexico, daughter of Bernardo BENAVIDES and Francisca REYES.
- FamilySearch.org Monterrey, Catedral, Matrimonios, Pg. 13 1672
- Rendon, Crispin. “Ancestors of Moises Garza” Pg. 258
If you would like to get notified when new posts are published and receive our free monthly news letter please join our mailing list. You can do so here.
Join my mailing list to receive a copy of this eBook for free!