If your genealogy research has led to to be looking for ancestors that came to Tamaulipas between 1748 and 1770 then you need to get a hold of this book. It’s title is “Fundadores de Tamaulipas 1748 – 1770″ and it was written by Guillermo Garmendia L. in Monterrey, Nuevo Leon back in 1991. The book is mainly a collection of 11 different censuses done between 1750 and 1766 on 11 Villas del Norte.
The book also contain more valuable information such as a whole listing of las Villas del Norte during the Escandon time period. It also contains a map of the Sierra Gorda, a page with the most common abbreviations and what they stand for. Finally it contains the bibliography and an Appendix with the old names of towns with their current names.
Cover of Book, “Fundadores de Tamaulipas 1748 – 1770″:
Bellow are the 11 Villas whose censuses were used to make this book:
- AGUAYO (CD. VICTORIA) ( CENSO 3 OCT 1750)
- BURGOS ( CENSO 5 JUL 1750)
- CAMARGO ( CENSO 31 MAY 1750)
- CRUILLAS ( CENSO 10 MAY 1766)
- LAREDO ( CENSO 23 JUL 1757 )
- MIER ( CENSO 1 MAR 1753)
- REVILLA (GUERRERO) ( CENSO 25 ENE 1753 )
- REYNOSA ( CENSO 16 JUN 1750)
- SAN FERNANDO ( CENSO 15 JUL 1750 )
- SANTANDER (JIMENEZ) ( CENSO 3 SEP 1750 )
- SOTO LA MARINA ( CENSO 27 AGO 1750)
Where to get a copy of this book: